We began receiving the "Retrieve a ticket to register the Virtual SAN VASA Provider" but don't have vSAN installed. What's going on? I found this article and could simply disable the vSAN Health Service.
To stop and disable the vSAN Health Service on vCenter Server for Windows
Open the Services MSC
Locate and "VMware Virtual SAN Health Service" service and click Stop.
Double-click the VMware Virtual SAN Health Service to open its dialogue box.
On the General tab, change the Startup type to Disabled and click OK
To stop and disable the vSAN Health Service on the vCenter Server Appliance
Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance via SSH and activate a Bash
shell. For more information on logging in to the vCenter Server
appliance, see the Using the Appliance Shell to Configure the vCenter Server Appliance section in the vCenter Server Appliance Configuration guide.
Stop the vSAN Health Service: # service vmware-vsan-health stop Stopping Virtual SAN Health Service:
Disable the vSAN Health Service: # chkconfig vmware-vsan-health off
I have a network attached sensor module that I needed to install in a location where I can't easily get a network cable run to. So a quick easy attempt was to try a wireless link. The setup is the sensor module attached to a Ubiquiti Pico Statoin, connected to a 2600 series wireless AP managed by a Cisco 2504.
I configured the Pico and it connected without problem to the wireless network. I set the management interface of the Pico to pull from DHCP and it received an address without issue. However the device connected behind it would not pull an address. I then plugged the sensor module directly into the network to test, and it would pull an address just fine. So I knew it had to be a configuration setting in the WLC.
In short, Configure Multicast and enable it on the controller. Then under the Advanced tab of the SSID profile, don't require all client to have a DHCP address and enable Passive clients.
Here are a couple of write ups to help with some more details.
We had an issue with a 1200 series lightweight AP not associating with a 2100 series wireless controller. During investigation and I found a certificate error associated to the LWAP join request. Because I had the flexibility to do so, I thought "let's reboot the controller and see what happens". After reboot none of the APs were associating and all were having the same error. Not a good result.
In addition, without an upgrade and certificate check disable, a quick fix to get the APs associated is to change the date. Simply disable NTP on the WLC and set the date back a few years. The APs associated right up and everything started working.
We support a small office that uses Office 365, hosted Exchange and the Office 2016 desktop software (including Outlook). When they send PDF attachments to people outside the organization some recipients receive a Winmail.dat attachment instead of the PDF attachment.
Here are a few articles that describe the problem and some fixes. But these fixes didn't seem to work for our setup. It seems the hosted exchange isn't honoring the request of the client and continues to send in Rich Text format.
Recently I needed to manage a database that is part of a SQL Express instance. However a coworker installed the instance, selected only Windows Authentication and his windows account was listed at the only System Admin on the instance.
How do I manage the instance without access? Thankfully by putting the instance in Single User mode I am able to add my windows account to the instance and add it to the SysAdmin role.
** Note this will require taking the Database offline **
Open the Windows Services admin tool (services.msc)
Open the properties of the SQL instance in question, select the path to execute and copy the full line (i.e. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLINSTANCE2008R2\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sINSTANCENAME)
Stop the MSSQL service.
Open a Command Prompt using Run As Administrator. (if you don't select Run As Administrator the service won't start)
Paste the path copied above and add a "-m" to the end. This will start SQL Server in single-user mode.
Execute the command and you should see the SQL instance start up. Leave this window open.
Open a new command prompt using Run As Administrator. (if you don't select Run As Administrator you will have problems connecting)
run “SQLCMD –S Server_Name\Instance_Name -E” (the switch command are case sensitive)
In this window, run the following lines, pressing Enter after each one:
1> CREATE LOGIN [domainName\loginName] FROM WINDOWS 2> GO 3> SP_ADDSRVROLEMEMBER 'LOGIN_NAME','SYSADMIN' 4> GO
Use Ctrl+C in both windows to close exit the SQLCMD and Stop SQL in Single User Mode
Start the SQL Instance in Services admin tool.
You should now be able to login to SQL Management Studio as SysAdmin with your credentials.