SSH Setup to Direct Console User Interface:
- Open Virtual Center – select the ESXi Host and "Configuration“ Tab
- Select "Security Profile“
- Double click SSH in the "Services Properties“ window
- Start the SSH service
- Using a terminal emulator like Putty, SSH to the ESXi host and login as 'root'
- Enter "export TERM=linux" to help provide a nice color screen
- Enter "dcui" to start the direct console user interface.
Restart Management Agents:
- press “F2” to log-in
- select “Troubleshooting Options”
- select “Restart Management Agents”
* Do not panic, if you see the hosted virtual machines as “orphaned” in your vCenter. It will take some minutes till they are connected back as normal.
* The restart of the Management Agents will not kill the virtual machines – they will continue to run.
Post a Comment